What are Angel Eye Lights?
Angel Eye Lights, also known as Halo Lights or Demon Eyes, is an automotive lighting accessory installed around the headlights or in the headlight assembly of a vehicle. They are typically circular or ring-shaped lights that emit a bright and distinctive glow. The purpose of Angel Eye Lights is twofold: to enhance the vehicle’s aesthetics and improve visibility on the road.
By adding a ring of light around the headlights, Angel Eye Lights creates a unique and eye-catching appearance that sets the vehicle apart from others on the road. The lights can be customized to different colors, allowing drivers to personalize their cars and express their style. Additionally, the bright and intense glow of the Angel Eye Lights enhances the visibility of the vehicle, especially during nighttime driving or in low-light conditions.
Types of Angel Eye Lights
Various styles and designs of Angel Eye Lights are available in the market. The most common types include LED (Light Emitting Diode) Angel Eye Lights and CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp) Angel Eye Lights.
LED Angel Eye Lights are famous for their energy efficiency, durability, and versatility. They consist of small LED bulbs arranged in a circular or ring-shaped pattern. LED lights produce a bright and intense illumination, making them highly visible even in daylight. They are also available in a wide range of colors, allowing drivers to customize the appearance of their vehicles.
On the other hand, CCFL Angel Eye Lights uses a cold cathode fluorescent lamp to produce a soft and uniform glow. CCFL lights are known for their smooth and consistent illumination, creating a halo effect around the headlights. While they may not be as bright as LED lights, CCFL Angel Eye Lights offer a more subtle and elegant look.
When comparing LED vs. CCFL Angel Eye Lights, it is crucial to consider factors such as brightness, color options, power consumption, and lifespan. LED lights are generally brighter and more energy-efficient, while CCFL lights provide a softer and more uniform glow. Choosing LED and CCFL Angel Eye Lights ultimately depends on personal preference and the desired aesthetic effect.
Angel Eye Lights can be installed as a DIY project. Here is a step-by-step guide for DIY installation:
Start by gathering all the necessary tools and materials, including the Angel Eye Lights kit, a screwdriver, wire cutters, electrical tape, and zip ties.
- Turn off the vehicle’s engine and disconnect the battery to ensure safety during installation.
- Remove the existing headlight assembly by unscrewing the screws or clips that hold it in place. Carefully disconnect any electrical connections.
- Take out the old headlights and replace them with the Angel Eye Lights. Make sure they fit securely and align appropriately with the vehicle’s body.
- Connect the wiring of the Angel Eye Lights to the vehicle’s electrical system. Follow the instructions in the kit and use electrical tape to secure the connections.
- Test the Angel Eye Lights to ensure they are functioning correctly. Reconnect the battery and turn on the vehicle’s headlights to check if the Angel Eye Lights illuminate perfectly.
- Once the installation is complete and the lights are working correctly, reassemble the headlight assembly and secure it back in place using the screws or clips.
It is important to note that the specific installation process may vary depending on the make and model of the vehicle, as well as the type of Angel Eye Lights being installed. Therefore, it is always recommended to refer to the instructions provided by the manufacturer or seek professional assistance if needed.
Compatibility with Different Vehicle Models
The Angel Eye Lights can be used with many types of vehicles, such as cars, trucks, motorcycles, and even bicycles. When selecting the ideal Angel Eye Lights for your vehicle, you must take a few things into account.
For starters, the Angel Eye Lights should be the same size and shape as the car’s standard headlights. To make sure the Angel Eye Lights fit correctly, you should measure the diameter of the current headlights or the room that is available for them.
Benefits of Angel Eye Lights
Maintenance and Care
To ensure the longevity and optimal performance of your Angel Eye Lights, it is essential to follow proper maintenance and care practices:
Tips for cleaning and preserving Angel Eye Lights:
- Lights should be cleaned regularly with a gentle soap or car wash solution. Steer clear of products or harsh cleansers that might scratch or harm the lights.
- Carefully use a gentle cloth or sponge to clean the lights, removing any dust or debris that may have settled on them.
- Look for any indications of damage or wear on the lights. Take care of any cracks, weak connections, or broken lights immediately to keep them from worsening.
- Consider covering or sealing the lights with a protective coating or paint to keep them from fading or changing color because of UV rays or lousy weather.
Common troubleshooting issues and solutions:
- If the Angel Eye Lights aren’t working, make sure the electrical links are tight. If required, replace any damaged wiring or lights.
- There can be a power problem if the lights are faint or flickering. To make sure the lights get the right amount of power, check the voltage.
- Change the position and placement of the lights to get a balanced and symmetrical look if they don’t look right or aren’t lined up right.
Where to Buy
Ready to upgrade your vehicle with Angel Eye Lights? Explore TurboRevs for a wide selection of options. You can also visit our local automotive store or specialty shop to see the lights in person and seek expert advice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are Angel Eye Lights legal?
The legality of Angel Eye Lights varies depending on the jurisdiction and local regulations. In some areas, Angel eye lights are permitted as long as they are installed and used by the law. However, specific colors or types of Angel eye lights may be prohibited in other regions. Researching and familiarizing yourself with your area’s regulations before installing Angel Eye Lights on your vehicle is essential.
Can Angel Eye Lights be used as daytime running lights?
Yes, Angel Eye Lights can sometimes be used as daytime running lights. However, it is essential to ensure that the lights are installed and wired correctly to comply with the regulations regarding daytime running lights in your area. Additionally, it is recommended to use Angel Eye Lights that are specifically designed and approved for use as daytime running lights to ensure optimal performance and safety.
How long do Angel Eye Lights typically last?
The lifespan of Angel Eye Lights depends on various factors, including the quality of the lights, the type of bulbs used, and the operating conditions. LED Angel eye lights are known for their durability and can last for tens of thousands of hours
CCFL Angel Eye Lights typically have a shorter lifespan, ranging from several thousand to tens of thousands of hours. Regular maintenance and proper usage can help prolong the lifespan of Angel Eye Lights.
Can Angel Eye Lights be customized to different colors?
Yes, Angel Eye Lights can be customized to different colors. LED Angel Eye Lights offer various color options, including white, blue, red, green, and more. Some lights even have color-changing capabilities, allowing drivers to switch colors or create dynamic lighting effects. It is essential to check the Angel Eye Lights’ specifications and ensure they are compatible with the desired color customization options.