Looking for a quick way to upgrade your car at a minimal cost? We have a solution for you.
Scissor doors, also known as Lambo doors (as they have become synonymous with the brand of Lamborghini), can be a safe and affordable way to elevate your car’s status. These are not just for appearance’s sake — they are also beneficial when it comes to parking in tight spaces and reducing the likelihood of opening car doors hitting cyclists.
As the hinges of scissor doors are located in the same place as those of conventional car doors, it is fairly easy to install them. You don’t even have to visit a professional to make this switch — with Lambo door kits, you can achieve this right at home.
Turborevs has prepared a step-by-step guide for you below on how to use Lambo door kits.
How to Install Scissor Doors on Your Car
Remember that door kits do not replace your vehicle’s doors, but just the door hinges. No paint job is required and you get to keep your original doors.
The process of installation has been outlined as follows:
- Choose a Lambo door kit that is compatible with your car’s make and model. You can consult a professional for this.
- You can also ask for guidance on what tools you may need. These may vary depending on your specific vehicle and the kit that you have.
- Next, disconnect your car’s battery.
- Proceed to remove all necessary parts, as instructed in the guidelines for your particular kit. These may include the fender, screws from the wheel well etc.
- After closing and locking your door, place tape around it (as well as the body of the car) in a manner that helps you locate the factory location. You would need these marks in case the door moves during installation.
- You can now remove the factory door hinges, rubber casings, metal tabs etc.
- Based on what is stated in your kit’s guide, cut and roll the fender.
- Install the Lambo door kit hinges.
- You will now be able to raise the doors and make any refinements if needed.
- Add the shock absorbers included in your kit, which will allow your new doors to operate smoothly and efficiently.
- Tighten all screws and bolts.
- Test out the Lambo doors to make sure they are working correctly. You should not reinstall the fender until it is ensured that the new door’s adjustment is accurate, and the screws are fixed and secure.
- You can now repeat the same process on the other door.
It should be noted that the above steps are according to standard Lambo door kits. You should thoroughly read through the instructions given with your specific kit as yours may be different.
Most importantly, always select a kit that has been designed and verified, and can be used for your particular vehicle. If it has been tested and is of high quality, the installation will be much easier. Not skimping on the material would save you a lot of hassle and repair costs later on as well.
You can check out the wide range of reliable door kits available at Turborevs, all of superior performance and style. If you are not inclined towards scissor doors, you can consider other types like suicide doors.